Wednesday 29 June 2011

Garlic and Oregano Bread


بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

I can proudly say that I made up this recipe, and I am satisfied with the result. I hope you would agree with me on loving it.


Ingredients:

4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbs yeast
1 tsp salt
4 tbs olive oil (and extra for kneading)
1 tbs mashed garlic
2 tbs oregano
water, for kneading (about 1 1/2 cups)

Method:
  • Mix flour, salt
  • dissolve yeast in a cup of water, set aside
  • mix oregano and mashed garlic, and add olive oil to the mixture, shift into the flour
  • Add water to flour and start kneading, add extra oil if necessary, knead till it is well combined, soft, and not too sticky
  • cover the dough and let it rise for an hour
  • roll the dough and cut into squares, arrange them in the baking pan, brush the top with milk or beaten egg
  • bake for half an hour or till ready in a 175 degrees preheated oven
  • let it cool before serving (and this is my mistake as I wanted to take a picture while it was still warm and cutting the bread at this stage makes it look heavy and wet)
  • enjoy

1 comment: